Sunday, August 24, 2008

Next project: The Exchange!!!

It's going to be a while before I put up more art, but I am looking for people to work with me on my next project. If you or anyone you know is a writer, musician, artist, or photographer who may be interested in participating in a new project similar to but more egalitarian than The Correspondence Project please get in contact with me!!!!! And by musicians I mean contributing music and by artist I mean any type of art.

Rather than my sending out an initial drawing and then receiving responses, The Exchange will involve spontaneous(ish) exchanges. I hope this will remedy the main issue I had with The Correspondence Project (overall I thought it was great). I felt that the initial image I sent out set a tone that remained throughout the project. With the simultaneous exchange the series' will hopefully equally reflect the influence of both me and and the other contributor.

And I am really excited to open up the exchange to different media. I responded very strongly to the work I received from the writers and am curious to see what will happen when I work with people in other mediums as well.

I plan for The Exchange to be the visual counterpart to my written thesis and will continue it at least until the end of the school year and hopefully much longer.

No comments: