Saturday, August 2, 2008

Queen of the hold outs!



One years worth of me!!


Years ago I realized that while I took bazillions of photos, there were rarely any of me 'cause I was always the one behind the camera.


So I started doing hold outs to record myself in all the places I would be.


This grew into my secret solo photo shoots I do whenever I am bored or want to pretend I am something I am not. It's gotten to the point where I think I actually take far better pictures of myself just holding out my arm than most anyone else does of me. Probably because I spaz out and get shy and can't seem to look normal when I pose for others. Except my cousin Bridgette, but that's a whole nother thing.


So here's last August to this August. We have me crawling in and out of the cracks of the Burren pretending I am Millais' Ophelia, being a fallen statue in the wildflowers, freaking myself out in the thicket 'cause I am sort of afraid of the woods, loving London, performing Come In and Visit, so so sick with the flu in both Brussels and Amsterdam in hotel rooms with no TVs and a book I didn't want to read, laying in a bed of grass, falling in love with livestock, traveling through Berlin, Prague, and Italy, distracting myself from the pain of a broken heart, and finally happy again in my studio killing time while paint is drying. All in just 40 seconds!

2 comments:

I am Cynthia said...

oh that bugged my eyes out. love it!

Angel said...

Yeah, it sort of triggers my vertigo. But I do like how I move like an old Christmas special.