Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Diagrams, some get made some don't

The original idea for My House:

The almost finished version, I have since intensified the glow and restructed the hanging system:




The idea for Doorways started with this:
Which lead to this:

Which then became this:


And now doorways to... spans between the two rooms of Everything I Love -which have also changed considerably.



Nets for Shadows was not working. I could not figure out to make the nets right and the wiggling idea has come and gone and come and gone. Right now it's gone, but may come back.

The higher net to forever to make, but I worked out a more efficient method (on back wall). Now I can crank them out. And to make the shape correct I climb in and some friends pull it as tight and high as they can and I freak out and stuggle until I escape or they let me free. This solves two issues: the constant belief of my tutors that I need to experience physical entrapment (I disagree) and it gives them each a unique organic nature.





This one started like this:


The plan changed to this:


And now it's been dropped from the show. But the idea is echoed a bit in my Birdcage for Humans and the net is to be the ceiling of the rooms Everything I Love. I think I will make this eventually, but for now it's been abandoned.

These two have also been abandoned, I think forever:



No comments: